Muscle Building Tips For Skinny Guys
You see them on television, in magazines, and movies: those guys with the large muscles and impossibly toned bodies seem to be everywhere, and you wonder how you can ever get this look.
It may seem like these guys can only achieve these bodies thanks to personal trainers and expensive diets, but, that is not always the case. In truth, naturally thin guys looking to build more muscle may simply be at a loss for where to start.
They may have tried different exercises, routines, and even foods in hopes to put on some muscle, but, nothing seems to work. If you’re another “skinny” guy who wants to shake up his image and gain some muscle, there are a few tips you can follow to see great results.
Muscle Building Tips
• Look Into Supplements: You may be lacking muscles because your body could be deficient in certain vitamins and minerals. Even if you don’t have a deficiency, you will need to increase your daily intake of necessary vitamins, minerals and nutrients if you’re planning to put on extra weight. Try supplements, such as protein powder, creatine, carnitine, and beta-alanine. Ask your doctor before taking these to get an accurate idea of a healthy dose. There are also some great products that increase daily caloric intake, which, are especially great for those guys that have problems gaining.
• Eat Regularly: Forgetting to eat and feigning food or eating small meals will not help you put on the weight your desire. Strength training requires frequently eating the right foods, which should be packed with carbohydrates, protein, fiber, and other muscle-building nutrients.
When you feed your body the necessary calorie mount it needs and then some, you can begin to see great results pretty soon. For thin guys, your most effective routine would be to have both a pre and post-workout meal as well as four or five additional meals throughout the day. The excess calories and nutrients will be used to help build and strengthen your muscles.
• Add Meat to Your Diet: Muscles require fiber which is why a diet with healthy meats is necessary for skinny guys trying to gain. Meat is a great source of protein, good fats, and other nutrients that encourage your body to pack on muscle quickly. Plant proteins are also good for vegans and vegetarians, but the protein and calories you get from meat will garner the best results.
• Lift the Right Amount of Weight: Skinny guys just starting out may not know the right amount of weight to begin lifting. Many guys run into problems because they aren’t lifting heavy enough weights to build the desired amount of muscle or they are not performing the lifting with proper reps. If you’re a beginner, start with lighter weights that you can handle and then move your way up to the heavier ones. Remember that progression is key in gaining significant size. Don’t let your routine become stagnant. Seek the advice of a professional to learn exactly what to do, or buy a muscle building program on DVD, like BodyBeast that shows you step by step what to do with workouts you can follow from home.
• Lift Frequently: Make sure to do lifting workouts on a consistent basis. Strength training and muscle building relies heavily upon consistency when it comes to your actions in order to effectively sculpt your thin form into something else. Don’t become complacent or lazy, and overlook a consistent schedule. At this stage of your weight journey, you must put in the time and effort to push yourself a little further each day.
• Accept Your Limitations: One of the best tips is to simply accept yourself and your limitations. Not every man is naturally muscular and toned, but, that does not mean that the body you want is impossible. You may be thin for a number of reasons that are out of your control, so allow your body to go at its own pace. You may have a naturally fast metabolism, or be accustomed to losing weight quickly. If this is the case, don’t fight it. Simply follow your routines, take you supplements, and watch as your muscles begin to emerge.
You won’t be a “skinny” guy forever if you follow these tips. When paired with a great diet, lots of water, plenty of rest, and exercise, you can begin the kind of muscles you’ve always wanted to have.